Wow! Twitter is quick becoming the most popular/powerful of Social Media websites. There are a lot of different twitter apps out there for the G1, android platform but so far Twidroid is my favorite.
In looking for a twitter app it was important to me to find something would allow me to send and receive both @ replies and direct messages. It also needed to display new messages in the notification bar.
Twidroid does all of this. Here is a quick glance at all their twitter features:
- full-featured twitter client
- postings, replies & direct messages
- user detail information
- follow/unfollow a user
- auto-completion of your contact names
- secured operation via SSL
- option to use identi.ca instead of twitter
- option to use twitter compatible APIs (e.g. laconi.ca)
- integrates directly with android’s browser & gallery for sharing
- GPS location support to update your profile or embed into photos
- location-based nearby search
- directly integrated photo-posting from cam or disk via phodroid and twitpic
- directly integrated search through all public tweets
- native url-shortening
- background notifications for replies & direct messages
- auto layout for landscape and portrait mode
- custom alert ringtones
- API to send tweets from your android application
- ‘buzz’ feature that allows you to view today’s most talked about stories on twitter directly in the app.
If anyone else would like to suggest a twitter app do so by making comment below or by visiting our suggested content page above! Here are some screenshots: