Big Tweets: Twitter Feeds Via Chromecast
BigSocial, LLC announces the release of Big Tweets, an Android app that streams Twitter searches and timelines to any large screen equipped with Google Chromecast.
The result is a moving display of live Tweets appropriate for single users, small groups, or large crowds.
By making large-screen presentation of Twitter feeds cheap and easy, Big Tweets transforms Twitter from a single-user experience to one that can be shared with groups large or small. The service creates new ways to engage people at social and professional events, and provides organizations with a means to communicate branding, marketing, and other live information in a wide range of settings.
“Big Tweets is great fun for individuals, but it really shines when put to interesting and creative uses by organizations,” said Phil Boutros, founder of BigSocial, LLC. “Displaying Tweets on a large screen has always been difficult and expensive. By leveraging Google’s amazing Chromecast as a platform, we’ve made it nearly free to promote stores, products and brands, as well as share live information of any kind, using large screens and Twitter’s worldwide infrastructure.”
Using Big Tweets is as simple as picking a Chromecast to stream to and choosing the Tweets to display. Users can choose to display their own timeline, their own Tweets, someone else’s Tweets, Tweets with a certain hashtag, or the results of any Twitter search. Once selected, recent Tweets immediately begin to display, with new Tweets showing up automatically as soon as they’re sent from anywhere in the world. Users are free to let the Tweets run, or explore the many visualizations, themes, backgrounds, and settings available to customize their Big Tweets experience.
Big Tweets provides three customizable visualizations for Tweet display:
- Cards: Shows a single Tweet at a time in the classic Twitter card format
- Fountain: Shows a scrolling list of the most recent Tweets
- Letters: Shows one Tweet at a time using elegant, animated text
Big Tweets also automatically displays any pictures or videos in each Tweet, with support for media from Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or Vine.?
Uses for Big Tweets fall into three major categories:
- Energize groups: Let people share their thoughts, pictures, and videos at a party, reception, conference, club, or other venue. Simply pick a specific hashtag to display on a large screen and invite everyone to Tweet using that hashtag, creating a fun, robust, and connected social interaction. Any Twitter client can be used to monitor and moderate the Tweets being shown.
- Share live events: Keep everyone updated and informed, whether it’s Tweets from the red carpet at the Oscars, or the latest reactions to the company’s product launch. From breaking news to media events, use Big Tweets to display live Twitter coverage to keep groups of people engaged.
- Get the message out: Stream live marketing, branding, and promotional messaging in public spaces, be it the storefront of a small business, the reception area at an office, or a company’s booth at an industry event. Big Tweets can also be used to provide just in time information like reminders, schedules, scores, or anything else one can Tweet.
Big Tweets is Google Cast™ Ready, requires Android 4.0 or later, and is available now on Google Play. It’s free to download and use, allowing four hours of casting per day, and checking for new Tweets at five minute intervals. Customers needing longer casting times and immediate display of new Tweets can use in-app billing to subscribe to Big Tweets Plus for $2.99/month. All new users enjoy a free, seven-day trial of Big Tweets Plus.