illustrate – Android Video and Contextual Dictionary App
I’m a geek for words. I love learning new words and understanding their origin and meaning. With that in mind I’ve fallen in love with an App called illustrate. illustrate is a dictionary app but it goes beyond just the simple definition and pronunciation of words and includes in many cases videos and other explanations of what words actually mean and how they are used.
I think the app is good for any English speaker or anyone learning English as this will help expand vocabulary for everyone. The app has some fun features for learning including word of the day and question of the day.
- Illustrate explains the meaning and usage of English language words using easy to understand videos.
- The animated videos showcase actual scenarios and conversations explaining the context and accurate usage of the word.
- Visual content and contextual information helps the user with remembering the correct meaning of words.
- The app is an excellent resource to improve vocabulary for candidates appearing in standardized tests like SAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, MCAT and LSAT
- A search tool is implemented to easily find words of interest.
- The user can mark words as ‘favorites’ to make them easier to find later.
- The ‘Trending’ Section allows users to explore what other illustrate users find interesting at the current point in time.
- A new ‘Word Of The Day’ is updated daily to help users discover new and interesting words.
- A new ‘Question Of The Day’ is provided daily that tests the usage of English words in sentences
- A new ‘Fact Of the Day’ is offered everyday for users to learn interesting tidbits about the English language.
- For every word, the app suggests other relevant words to explore.