IP Camera App for Android
If you own or operate any IP cameras you have an obvious need to be able to access those cameras from your Android devices. I recently wrote an article on my personal site about how to setup a home surveillance system and many readers have sent me emails asking for app recommendations.
I recommend IP Cam Viewer Pro. When you first download and install it you may recognize the user interface because this app comes from the same developers of the most popular traffic cam application.
The app is packed full the most important features that allow you to monitor, pan/tilt, record, and otherwise manage your IP cameras.
A full list of features includes:
– SSL encryption for privacy
– RTSP, H.264, MPEG4, ONVIF and more video formats
– two way audio
– pan tilt and zoom (PTZ)
– preset recall
– relay to control things like lights and garage doors
– custom controls like patrol (varies with various models)
– home screen widgets
– matrix view, gallery view, and auto sequence mode
– double tap for digital zoom using pinch to zoom
– grouping of cameras to organize and for quick recall.
– Export / Import and sharing of cameras
– built-in traffic camera database
– browser integration
– app password to protect access from others
– 24/7 recording of cameras
– scan camera capability
– auto sequencing of cameras and groups
To check to see if your Camera is compatible with this app visit the developer's website.
The home screen widgets are particularly awesome but I found that using the widgets kills the battery life. Take a look at the free version and see what you think!